Their video for “Year of the Gnat” is one of my favorite music videos of the year. I recently had the opportunity to speak with the guys of Fero Lux, a local hardcore band. They have a strong energy driving them and I can see them doing big things in the future. I strongly suggest checking out some of their upcoming shows here in South Florida.
Who are your band members and what are their roles?
- Victor: Stone washed jeans
- Dave: Used car auctioneer
- Ben: FEED
- Nick: Drums
Where is everyone from?
- South Florida in and around. By the way victor does vocals.
What was the first CD you ever owned?
- Vic: Makaveli – Tupac
- David: The Fat Boys
- Ben: Dookie – Greenday ( this just in Ben plays bass for Fero Lux)
- Nick: Tragic Kingdom – No Doubt
What is your desert island band? ( If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one musician’s discography, who would it be)
Where did the band name come from?
- I tripped on my hamster’s brand new rollerblades and hit my head on the sink. So I drank a bat’s blood and spit in my dad’s eyes. He saw the letters that spelt ” Fero Lux”. P.S. glitter schmear
What is one thing that gets you more excited than anything else to see happen at one of your shows?
- When nothing breaks or fails and shit gets wild.
Love your video for “Year of the Gnat”, who came up with the idea?
- Victor. His dog told him identity is a fluid concept. And Felt the lyrics were parallel with the video concept.
Dream Venue to Play and why?
- We’d love to be the first band to perform in outer space. But we’d settle for Club Q circa 1998.
Dream Person to have in your crowd and why?
- Freddy Krueger, all time bad ass “dream-person”.
Favorite Bar in South Florida?
- Victor – Green Bar Kitchen.
- David – PRL ( Fero Lux means bearer of light. We got it from my friend. ) is a great beer place.
- Ben – Inkwell Pub
- Nick – The Stamp
Thanks for having us!